Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Musepux
Novice

Authorization Code, Transaction ID and Security code

This is the part that always drives me crazy:

I am being emailed an Authorization Code (GoDaddy), but the receiving Registrar (GoDaddy Reseller Account) requires a Transaction ID and Security code.

Where the ^*&%$#* do I get those?

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor
Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor
Solution

Re: Authorization Code, Transaction ID and Security code

Hey @Musepux, there is a great video on how to Transfer domain names to GoDaddy. If you purchased your domain transfer you will have received/will receive an email with the Transaction ID and Security Code, the other thing you need is the Authorization Code or (EPP) I don't know if the domain is a GoDaddy domain that you control but here is how to Get an authorization code to transfer my domain to GoDaddy. If you purchased this domain from somebody you would receive the Authorization Code from them. Hope that helps?

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head
...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate
jensssss
Novice

How long does it take for GoDaddy to send the Transaction ID and security code?  

I already got the EPP from the old domain holder. 

Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor
Pro Community Founder Trusted Advisor

I don't know if there is a standard time @jensssss but you can also get those codes from your domain control center. 

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head
...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate
siouxie
Novice

I never got the transaction and confirmation codes, only the authorization code. Where in my control panel can i find these?

Pelo
Novice

The automatic e-mail from Godaddy never reach my mail server

When we ask for EPP code or any other automatically generated mail from godaddy never reach my E-Mail server. Seems like the support agent e-mail get through. I called Canadian support and the US and they said that there is no issue on their side anyone know if they use reputation protection or other systems that would block my domain on outgoing messages ?

I have withe listed the domaine name and th ip adresse from their SPF and I have no trace in my SMTP logs, and we are not behind any kind of anti-spam service

Re: The automatic e-mail from Godaddy never reach my mail server

How can I Transaction ID and security code?