cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
mdsadmin
New

Domain configuration problem

So, last month I had a domain that was registered with wordpress.com that pointed to my Godaddy shared hosting (minutodesilencio.com), but the domain expired. After it was renovated, the website did not come back. The .com was defined as the main domain, where a .com.br (minutodesilencio.com.br) domain is the one that was registered with the hosting, but was configured to forward to the .com domain, but now not even that one is working.

When the domain stoped working, I configured in the cpanel to use the .com.br domain as the main one, but the solution onlly worked for a few hours. Afterwards, without any other change, I couldn't access the website through any of those domains.

How can I solve this? If this is a problem that I have to solve with wordpress.com, what can I do to at least have the .com.br domain as the main one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @mdsadmin. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! That definitely sounds like a confusing situation. If you want to update the domain that you use for a hosted WordPress site, you would also need to change settings within the WordPress dashboard. That may be why your change didn't work the right way. However, since the WordPress dashboard is dependent on the domain, it might not be possible to change those settings now. If not, you would probably need to change the domain name via the applications database. WordPress has a helpful guide here if you need to do that. 

Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @mdsadmin. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! That definitely sounds like a confusing situation. If you want to update the domain that you use for a hosted WordPress site, you would also need to change settings within the WordPress dashboard. That may be why your change didn't work the right way. However, since the WordPress dashboard is dependent on the domain, it might not be possible to change those settings now. If not, you would probably need to change the domain name via the applications database. WordPress has a helpful guide here if you need to do that. 

Hope that helps. If not, feel free to provide more information. Others in the community may be able to provide you with additional suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post