cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Footer.php woes in Head Theme

Hi. I'm almost finished constructing my blog, but after 4 weeks of combing through the community I still cannot remove.replace the generic footer. The site address is www.HisOwnHeartMinistries.com. Below is the coding for the footer.php that is already there.

<?php if ( is_active_sidebar( 'head-blog-footer-area' ) ) { ?>
<div id="content-footer-section" class="container-fluid clearfix">
<div class="container">
<?php dynamic_sidebar( 'head-blog-footer-area' ) ?>
</div>
</div>
<?php } ?>
<?php do_action( 'head_blog_before_footer' ); ?>
<footer id="colophon" class="footer-credits container-fluid">
<div class="container">
<?php do_action( 'head_blog_generate_footer' ); ?>
</div>
</footer>
<?php do_action( 'head_blog_after_footer' ); ?>
<?php wp_footer(); ?>

I would like to replace what's there with my name and copyright. Any help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Footer.php woes in Head Theme

@cahallyburton

I'm not familiar with that theme but...  Try looking in the functions.php file to see if the footer text is contained there. 

Be sure to download a copy of any php file you modify and save a copy on your hard drive *before* making any modifications.  This way if you don't like the results you can easily reinstate the original file.

Word of Caution:  When you modify theme php files, you risk those changes being overwritten with the next theme update.  So it is wise to create a child theme.  You can read about that here.

If you don't do that, take detailed notes in regard to the .php files your modifying.  File name and line number modified noting the before and after.  Then you can reinstate your desired modifications when they are overwritten by an update.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison

Muse, thank you so much! I found the coding and am pasting it below. Any suggestions of where I replace what shows now with my name and copyright info?

if ( !function_exists( 'head_blog_entry_footer' ) ) :

/**
* Prints HTML with meta information for the categories, tags and comments.
*/
function head_blog_entry_footer() {

// Get Categories for posts.
$categories_list = get_the_category_list( ' ' );

// Get Tags for posts.
$tags_list = get_the_tag_list( '', ' ' );

// We don't want to output .entry-footer if it will be empty, so make sure its not.
if ( $categories_list || $tags_list || get_edit_post_link() ) {

echo '<div class="entry-footer">';

if ( 'post' === get_post_type() ) {
if ( $categories_list || $tags_list ) {

// Make sure there's more than one category before displaying.
if ( $categories_list ) {
echo '<div class="cat-links"><span class="space-right">' . esc_html__( 'Category', 'head-blog' ) . '</span>' . $categories_list . '</div>';
}

if ( $tags_list ) {
echo '<div class="tags-links"><span class="space-right">' . esc_html__( 'Tags', 'head-blog' ) . '</span>' . $tags_list . '</div>';
}
}
}

edit_post_link();

echo '</div>';
}
}

endif;

if ( !function_exists( 'head_blog_generate_construct_footer' ) ) :
/**
* Build footer
*/
add_action( 'head_blog_generate_footer', 'head_blog_generate_construct_footer' );

function head_blog_generate_construct_footer() {
?>
<p class="footer-credits-text text-center">
<?php printf( __( 'Proudly powered by %s', 'head-blog' ), '<a href="' . esc_url( __( 'https://wordpress.org/', 'head-blog' ) ) . '">WordPress</a>' ); ?>
<span class="sep"> | </span>
<?php printf( __( 'Theme: %1$s', 'head-blog' ), '<a href="http://headthemes.com/">Head Blog</a>' ); ?>
</p>
<?php
}

endif;

Hi,

I did find the footer text. When I replaced it and clicked to update, though, I got this error message:

"Scrape nonce check failed. Please try again."

Any thoughts?

Solution

I finally found a widget that let me redesign the generic footer in visual editor, then make some very simple adjustments to the footer.php file. The Footer Text widget is my new best friend!

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

@cahallyburton

Glad you figured it out! Smiley Wink

Judith
"I failed my way to success." ~Thomas Edison