cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Multiple WordPress sites with their own domains hosted on my Godaddy Linux account

Hi Everyone,

I'm very happy with Godaddy's hosting of my first WordPress site, basically my personal blog.  However, I have a few other normal HTML sites that I created with Dreamweaver that look sloppy now.  Can I use WordPress to re-create from scratch these sites in WordPress hosted on Godaddy?  Does GoDaddy allow hosting of multiple WordPress sites with different domain names?  All of my domain names are registered and hosted with GoDaddy.   Thanks  Pete

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Multiple WordPress sites with their own domains hosted on my Godaddy Linux account

@PeteyF 

I am assuming you are running this on a cPanel server. that being said the short answer is yes...the longer answer is just be aware that all the sites are in the same sandbox to say that if one site has any security issues they all do. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Multiple WordPress sites with their own domains hosted on my Godaddy Linux account

@PeteyF 

Yes that is 100% the Legacy Server - and you 100% want / need to be on cPanel - if for no other reason because the only server only supports up to PHP 5.4 and most WordPress features require PHP 7.x

I would reach out to GoDaddy support to find out available options - in terms of purchases and migrations of existing data if you should need help with that - I suggest calling vs chat.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@PeteyF 

I am assuming you are running this on a cPanel server. that being said the short answer is yes...the longer answer is just be aware that all the sites are in the same sandbox to say that if one site has any security issues they all do. 

Highlighted
New

Thanks.  I assume my Deluxe Unix Hosting uses the cPanel.  How do I know if I'm using a cPanel?

I recently went into the domain hosting and updated my version of PhP.   Can you send me a link how to host multiple WordPress sites on GoDaddy so I don't have to wander in the wilderness for 40 years?   Pete

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@PeteyF

When you look in your GoDaddy product dashboard the cPanel server specifically says cPanel. If it doesn’t you may have the legacy Linux hosting and you’d want to purchase a new server. If you post a screen capture I can confirm.

In cPanel there is something called Installatron which automates the process.

Highlighted
New

Here's a clip.  I think its the legacy linux.  I also don't see Installatron when I go into the panel options.    

webhosting.JPG

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@PeteyF 

Yes that is 100% the Legacy Server - and you 100% want / need to be on cPanel - if for no other reason because the only server only supports up to PHP 5.4 and most WordPress features require PHP 7.x

I would reach out to GoDaddy support to find out available options - in terms of purchases and migrations of existing data if you should need help with that - I suggest calling vs chat.

Highlighted
New

Thank you.  I really appreciate your help.  I was wondering why WordPress kept telling me my Php was still not secure even when I updated Php in the old control panel.  I'll give them a call mid-week.  Thank you very much.    Pete