cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Wordpress out of blog links

Hello, 

Sorry I am quite new to this. I have a blog I created via wordpress. I bought the domain from GoDaddy, and when you googled that domain it redirects you to the wordpress, which is fine. However, if I want to link somebody directly to a particular blog post, it still says "wordpress" in the web address. Is there anyway to stop this? So I can link people directly to a blog and it doesnt say "wordpress"

Hope this is clear!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Take Wordpress out of blog links

@ChloChlo wrote:

Hello, 

Sorry I am quite new to this. I have a blog I created via wordpress. I bought the domain from GoDaddy, and when you googled that domain it redirects you to the wordpress, which is fine. However, if I want to link somebody directly to a particular blog post, it still says "wordpress" in the web address. Is there anyway to stop this? So I can link people directly to a blog and it doesnt say "wordpress"

Hope this is clear!

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you purchased a domain name without hosting. Instead, you are pointing that domain to your wordpress.com blog. You would need to purchase a hosting plan, then update the domain record for your domain name to point to your host's name servers. You can move your Wordpress.com posts over to the new server by exporting them from Wordpress.com and importing them from WordPress.com onto yourdomain.com. GoDaddy offers WordPress installation that's pretty automatic and included in their hosting plans.

Re: Take Wordpress out of blog links

Thank you! I think I understand... I hope