cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Uploading/Editing Plugins - Connection information error

Hello,

I am recently new to Godaddy's Managed WordPress setup and now that I have a live site/domain I am asked input connection information. 
Hostname

FTP Username
FTP Password 

Connection Type  FTP  FTPS (SSL)Through my Managed WordPress dashboard I add the information and it states I don't have permission. How may I correct this? I am a top-level admin managing this for my company.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Uploading/Editing Plugins - Connection information error

@jthomas-ama 

Where are you being asked for this - In the WordPress Admin??  if so you may need to reach out to GoDaddy support as it means there is something off in the configuration file. Generally you should not have to enter FTP information into the WordPress admin.

Typically it means that in wp-config.php this line is either not there or has been modified

define('FS_METHOD','direct');

Also - in https://myh.godaddy.com if you go into the overview for your site you can get the SFTP/SSH information

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community