cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wordpress site issue

I'm not sure this is the right place to put this... I built a website with Wordpress through Godaddy years ago. It's for my in-laws business.

All of a sudden today, it gets this error:

Warning: require(/home/content/14/8835914/html/wp-includes/random_compat/random.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/14/8835914/html/wp-includes/compat.php on line 331

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/content/14/8835914/html/wp-includes/random_compat/random.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_6/lib/php') in /home/content/14/8835914/html/wp-includes/compat.php on line 331

They didn't do any changes. I haven't managed much of this site in years, and I'm not as good with Wordpress as I used to be. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Wordpress site issue

@Omegadk1 

The first thing I would tell you is that you need to update PHP to 7.x if this site / server is not a cPanel account it will need to be upgraded / migrated first. I would also make sure you've updated all the plugins as well.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to respond. I did get as far as knowing I need to restore my site (talked with support).

However, after him trying to walk me through how to do it, It keeps telling me I don't have access to the files. He eventually told me he would clear the cache, and for me to wait 90 min... I think to get rid of me. I have tried 2 hours later, and still the same message.

I went to my hosting options, Manage, File Manager, Enable history view, select the date I want, Select all the files, a dialogue box comes up (Pictured below). If I select browse, I can not select all the files. If I submit as is, I get a "You do not have access to copy these files".

Omegadk1_0-1589572995178.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Omegadk1 

Not sure what backup you are trying to restore and when it might be from - the biggest thing as I mentioned is you need to get this off the existing server and updated to a cPanel account / PHP 7.x this is both for security / performance as well as functionality of WordPress

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted

So the error is coming from a plugin. The site was updated by my father in law on Tuesday. Godaddy support tried to resolve it over chat, but could not, and said I need to restore to an earlier working version. 

So he walked me through how to do that... but it seems to me I do not have permission. 

This is the manager screen I see:

Omegadk1_0-1589574245108.png

I had Godaddy update the PHP a few weeks ago, but I believe they don't update that far. I'm not sure how I can check my version. I can not log into the backend of wordpress.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Omegadk1 

It's been a while since I tried to do any sort of restores on the old linux platform - I thought you had to restore the entire server not just certain files.

As I said you are on a legacy product and really should get upgraded / migrated to cPanel.

I would ask support what the process for doing that is.

Highlighted

can I do that with Godaddy? would I lose my site? and if it isn't too much explanation... how?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Omegadk1 

I've heard from others that GoDaddy support will help with the migration of the files and database (or so I've been told) I don't know the exact process / steps - but then once it's on the new server you can update the plugins / wordpress /php and you should be good to go.