Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers
  • VPS & Dedicated Servers

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    rediehl
    New

How can i download my publishing profile for an ASP.NET application?

I am trying to publish my .Net website, and everything I am reading is telling me there should be a "Web deploy publishing settings" option in my plesk control panel, however I do not have this option. Is there something I am missing?

2 REPLIES 2
    GaryA

Hi @rediehl, thanks for posting.

See the steps in this article for information on using WebDeploy:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/download-your-webmatrix-publish-profile-web-deploy-9058

If the option isn't listed in your Plesk account, you will need to contact support to have it enabled.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status
    SamHobbs
    Helper V

@rediehl, I struggled with web deploy a couple of months ago. You should be able to find a thread I created here about it.

Did you get Web Deploy for GoDaddy to work? I never did. It worked a couple of times for me; I think both times it worked was the first time a web site (application) was deployed for the site. After the first time for a site, I always got a certificate error. I was not sure I was using the correct userid and password but since it did work a couple of times, that probably was not a problem.

I did try Microsoft Azure and when I used Web Deploy for there, the proper userid and password was already in the publishing profile and the Web Deploy worked with no problem. I am sure that for hosts other than Azure (such as GoDaddy) it is difficult to get it right.

So I use FTP for GoDaddy. It is my understanding that Web Deploy makes deployment of databases much easier than when FTP is used so I want to get Web Deploy to work but I have not yet been able to.