cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

How to upgrade MySQL to 5.7

Hey,
I want to upgrade MySQL to 5.7 in my cpanel hosting,
Because I my site depends on new features added in 5.7 but when upload my files I shocked when don't work because MySQL installed in my CPanel is 5.6 and don't have this features!

17 REPLIES 17
Employee
Employee

Re: How to upgrade MySQL to 5.7

Hello @newMan!

Thank you for posting. We're currently supporting MySQL version 5.6.33 on our cPanel hosting servers. We will make newer versions available when we can. I'll be sure to pass your feedback along. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Is there any timeline? Anything planned? Is it going to be in the next few months? Or next year?

Are you waiting X'mas to upgrade to MySQL 5.7?

New

When will this version be available?

When 5.7 will be available !!

Mr Bader Seder told me that its available but its not! please support it ASAP

New

When will 5.7 be available?  I am need to understand this to determine if I need to host my database somewhere else.  I have just found that 5.6 is not processing my query properly and 5.7 does.  I don't feel like rewriting based on the framework I am using.

Please provide a date or timeframe.

New

Hi, I'm a new user and facing the same issue. It's been a year since you answered this question but MySQL version remains 5.6. Desperately need 5.7 (which supports json). Please upgrade.

New

Is there anyone reading these? After over 15 months, there hasn't been a fresh answer. When are you going to upgrade to 5.7?

When are you going to upgrade to 5.7?This is the latest requirement for My Sql.

also i need upgrade to 5.7, and this issue 1 year ago , any update ????!!!

Super User III
Super User III

Hello there!

The current MySQL PHP standard is version 7.0 and up. To my knowledge, GoDaddy offers PHP 5.6, 7.0, 7.1, and, I think, 7.2. I could be wrong on the last one.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

have upgraded mysql to version 5.7 and works great

If you need upgrade you can message me.

So it is available now !!!
How ca I upgrade it ?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone. I just wanted to update here to clarify that MYSQL has not been updated to version 5.7 on our Shared Hosting servers. To see the version of MySQL you have, you can access phpMyAdmin (see below). It is not possible to update or change the version of MySQL available in your own Shared Hosting account. This will be updated in a future release, though I do not have a timeframe for when that will happen. 

CP - MYSQL version.png

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

I would like 5.7 as well. 

New

This is really frustrating! Is there any intention to fix this really strange problem with GoDaddy?!!

About 2 years so far and no solution appears to be coming in the near future!
Why can't they move just one step forward with this version, to begin with?!!
REALLY FRUSTRATING. And I'm thinking of moving to another hosting platform.

New

Hi, any update on this issue?