About .at domains
Nic.at is the sponsor and our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain (ccTLD) .at extension that represents Austria.
Who can register .at domains?
Anyone can register .at domains.
When registering .at domains, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported - Latin
- Registration Length: 1 year
- Renewal Length: 1 year
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge your card on file and renew your domain 2 weeks prior to expiration, 1 week prior to expiration and 3 days prior to expiration. We’ll notify you if the payment fails.
- If you don’t have auto-renew enabled, you’re allowed to manually submit a renewal request between 3 and 30 days prior to the expiration date. We don’t accept renewal requests earlier than the 30-day mark. You'll need to pay the renewal fee at the time of restore.
- Backorders: Not Supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- There is no charge to process a Transfer In and there will be no extension to the domain expiration date. Renewals on Transfers In are not supported. If a domain has expired at the time a registrant initiates a Transfer In, the registrant must renew the domain at the previous registrar prior to starting the Transfer In process.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Your domain doesn't need to be unlocked to be available for transfer. You must ask the gaining registrar to initiate the transfer for .at domains. Transfers will complete once the losing registrar (or Nic.at, in some instances) provides the auth code and sends the transfer request. Due to registry limitations, transferred .at domains retain only the remaining registration - there is no automatic extension of the registration.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Ownership Protection: Not Supported
- Privacy Protection: Not Supported
- Cashparking: Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Using a P.O. Box as an address is not acceptable.
For details on refunds, visit GoDaddy's Refund Policy page. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under the following headings:
- Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals
- Products Not Eligible for Refunds
- Must use: 1-8 Nameservers
- Can use: DNSSEC, Vanity Nameservers, IPv4, IPV6
- Cannot use: N/A