Add an A record
You can add an A record to your DNS (Domain Name System) zone file for a domain registered with GoDaddy. An A record connects your domain name to an IP address or hosting account and lets web browsers find your website. A records can also be used to create a subdomain. If your domain is not registered with GoDaddy, you can add an A record using DNS hosting.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- From the Domain Manager, select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Scroll down to the Additional Settings section and select Manage DNS.
- On the DNS Management page, at the bottom of the Records section, click Add.
- Select A from the Type drop-down menu.
- Complete the required fields:
- Click Save to complete the process.
|Field name||What to enter|
|Host||The host name the A record links to. Type @ to point directly to your domain name.|
|Points to||The IP address you are setting as the destination for the host|
|TTL||How long the server should cache information|
Note: All DNS changes can take 24 - 48 hours to fully update across global networks.
- You can edit an existing A record if you need to change any details.
- Or you can delete an A record if you no longer need the record.
- If you need to edit DNS for a domain not registered with GoDaddy, you can manage DNS hosting .