Add an A record
Connect your domain to your website by adding an A record to your DNS zone file when your domain is using GoDaddy nameservers. A records point to an IP address, usually the one for your hosting account. They can also be used to create subdomains that point to an IP address, such as blog.mycoolnewbusiness.com.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Domain Edit Options next to your domain and then select Edit DNS. You may need to scroll down to see the Edit DNS option.
- Select Add to add a new record.
- Select A from the Type menu options.
- Enter the details for your new A record:
- Name: The host name for the A record. Type @ to put the A record on your root domain, or enter a subdomain prefix such as www.
- Value: The IP address for your A record. Typically this will be the IP address of your hosting account.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information. The default setting is 1 hour.
- Select Add Record to save your new A record.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Edit an existing A record or delete an A record if it's no longer needed.
- Create a new Websites + Marketing website and get connected with professional email.