Disable comments in WordPress
You can disable comments for your entire WordPress site. If you do not plan to have users comment on your posts and pages, then this is an effective way to help prevent comment spam.
- Log in to WordPress
- Go to Settings > Discussion
- Locate the Default article settings section
- Remove the check from the box next to the line that says, "Allow people to post comments on new articles"
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save Changes.
- Return to Preventing WordPress comment spam.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.