Disable comments on a single WordPress post
In WordPress, you can choose to disable comments on an individual post instead of disabling them on the entire site. This option can help if you have one or a few posts that get a high number of inappropriate or spam comments.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- On the right-side menu, select Posts > All Posts.
- Find the post for which you want to disable comments.
- If you're on a computer, hover over it and select Quick Edit.
- If you're on a mobile device, select Quick Edit.
- Clear the checkbox next to Allow Comments.
- Select Update to apply the change.
Comments are now disabled for this post.
- Disable comments in WordPress
- Disable comments on old posts and pages in WordPress
- If you don't want to disable comments yourself, our WordPress Premium Support team can do that for you.