Enable or disable my website's chatbots
Add chatbots to your GoDaddy website to help you manage incoming messages and keep in touch with your customers at any time of the day or night.
- The Hello Bot automatically responds to basic greetings, such as “Hi,” or “Hello” and asks for more information before either handing customers over to the Order bot for queries about an order or sending a message to your inbox.
- The Order Bot is used on e-commerce websites and will update customers with their order status or give them basic information about their order.
If a customer needs more help after chatting to your bots, you’ll be sent a message via the GoDaddy Conversations app and, if you’ve enabled it, email. Only messages that are relevant will be sent to you. Small talk or irrelevant messages are ignored.
To set up your chatbots:
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your site.
- In the menu at the top of the browser window, select Conversations.
- In the lower-left corner, select Channels and Settings.
- Make sure Chatbots is selected. You’ll see which chatbots are available.
- Make sure the toggle is turned on to enable the chatbots you’d like to use. To disable them, turn the toggle off. Green means the toggle is on.
- Select Save Settings.
Your settings will be updated immediately—no need to republish your website.
Note: You can also enable or disable your chatbots through Website Builder when you customize your chat experience.