How do I get my 1099-K tax form?
If you qualify for a 1099-K form, we'll send it to the address in your account by the end of January. If you meet the qualifications and you haven’t received a 1099-K by mid-February (or need the form earlier), please contact us for additional assistance. Our GoDaddy Guides are here to help.
To avoid a potential delay, please make sure your address is up to date no later than the first week in January. An electronic version of the form will be available to download in mid-March from your Payments Dashboard.
The 1099-K form summarizes the payment card transactions (credit, debit, or stored-value cards) for the prior year. Cash transactions are not included. Each year, GoDaddy sends a 1099-K tax form to GoDaddy Payments merchants who meet all of the following qualifications:
- The GoDaddy Payments account has a U.S. address.
- Your company received gross payments in 2022 that exceeded $20,000.
- Your company received more than 200 transactions.
If you didn't meet the above requirements, a 1099-K form from GoDaddy isn’t required so you won't receive one. You’ll need to file for your tax classification, such as partnership or limited liability company, as advised by your tax professional.
Note that on December 23 2022, the IRS announced that the $20,000 and 200 transaction minimum will remain in place for the 2022 tax year, rolling back a previous change of the qualification threshold to $600.
Why are the numbers in my 1099-K form different than the numbers in my Payments Dashboard?
There are a couple of reasons you may see a different amount on the form than you see in your Dashboard:
- Payment method: The 1099-K form doesn’t include cash transactions - however, your Dashboard reflects cash transactions. If you’ve accepted cash payments, those will appear in your Dashboard reports, but won’t be included in the total on the 1099-K form.
- Time zone differences: The 1099-K form includes transactions made through December 31 (11:59 pm UTC). UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) may be different than the local time zone in your Dashboard. Transactions made after that time will roll over to the following year.
- Learn hot to download an electronic version of your 1099-K.
- Learn more about your 1099-K form.
- How to get your 1099-MISC form if you’re a GoDaddy reseller.