How do I get my 1099-K tax form?
If you qualify for a 1099-K form, we'll send it to the address in your account by the end of January. An electronic version of the form will be available to download in March from your Payments Dashboard.
If you meet the qualifications and you haven’t received a 1099-K by mid-February (or need the form earlier), please contact us for additional assistance. Our GoDaddy Guides are here to help.
Am I eligible for a 1099-K form?
The 1099-K form summarizes the payment card transactions (credit, debit, or stored-value cards) for the prior year. Cash transactions are not included. Each year, GoDaddy sends a 1099-K tax form to GoDaddy Payments merchants who meet all of the following qualifications:
- The GoDaddy Payments account has a U.S. address.
- Your company received gross payments in 2022 that exceeded $20,000.
- Your company processed more than 200 transactions in 2023.
If you didn't meet the above requirements, a 1099-K form from GoDaddy isn’t required so you won't receive one. You’ll need to file for your tax classification, such as partnership or limited liability company, as advised by your tax professional.
Note that on November 21, 2023, the IRS rolled back a new $600 qualification threshold for 1099-K reporting for the 2023 tax year, reinstating the previous threshold of $20,000 and 200 transaction count. In 2024, the threshold may be lowered to $5,000.
Why are the numbers in my 1099-K form different than the numbers in my Payments Dashboard?
There are a couple of reasons you may see a different amount on the form than you see in your Dashboard:
- Payment method: The 1099-K form doesn’t include cash transactions - however, your Dashboard reflects cash transactions. If you’ve accepted cash payments, those will appear in your Dashboard reports, but won’t be included in the total on the 1099-K form.
- Time zone differences: The 1099-K form includes transactions made through December 31 (11:59 pm UTC). UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) may be different than the local time zone in your Dashboard. Transactions made after that time will roll over to the following year.
- Learn how to download an electronic version of your 1099-K.
- Learn more about your 1099-K form.
- How to get your 1099-NEC form if you’re a GoDaddy reseller.
If you qualify for a 1099-K form, we'll send it to the address in your Payee account by the end of January. To avoid a potential delay, please make sure your address and tax information is up-to-date no later than the last week of December.
Each year, we send a 1099-K tax form to all GoDaddy Domains Aftermarket sellers who meet the following qualifications:
- You received at least $600 in payouts from GoDaddy in the previous year. Your Payment History report shows all payments from January to December that will be in your 1099-K.
- W-9 form was completed. See an example here. (This is part of the payee setup process.) Choose your tax classification as advised by your tax professional.
- Payee account is set up as a U.S. resident. For non-U.S. residents, please consult a local tax professional for further instruction.
Note that a new qualification threshold for 1099-K reporting is in place for the 2023 tax year, replacing the previous threshold of $20,000 and 200 transaction count.
If you didn't meet the above requirements, you won't receive a 1099-K. If you meet the qualifications and you haven't received a 1099-K by mid-February, or the information provided on the 1099-K is incorrect, please contact us for additional assistance. Our GoDaddy Guides are here to help.