Manually install an SSL certificate on my cPanel hosting
Not the right server type? Go back to the list of installation instructions.
After your certificate request is approved, you can download your certificate from the SSL manager and install it on your cPanel hosting account. You can watch a short video of this task farther down the page.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Click cPanel Admin.
- In the Security section, click SSL/TLS.
- Under Certificates (CRT), click Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
- Use the Upload Certificate section to upload the primary certificate (
.crtfile with randomized name) from your local machine and click Upload Certificate.
- On the new page, click Go Back.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the SSL Certificates page and click Return to SSL Manager.
- Under Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS), click Manage SSL Sites.
- Scroll down to the Install an SSL Website and click Browse Certificates.
- Select the certificate that you want to activate and click Use Certificate. This will auto-fill the fields for the certificate.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Install Certificate.
- On the Successfully Installed pop up, click OK.
That's it! To make sure your SSL is working, you can check it using our Certificate Checker.