Transfer my domain from Google Domains
Transfer your domain from Google Domains and join the 84+ million domains registered with GoDaddy to get the pricing, support and service you need. Transferring a domain to GoDaddy costs a flat fee of US$9.991 and you get a free year of registration2. You'll need to renew your domain before expiration at the then-current retail price applicable to the domain. There are special instructions when transferring .uk, .ca, .eu, .es, .se and .au domains to GoDaddy.
Why transfer to GoDaddy?
On June 15th, 2023, Squarespace announced their agreement to acquire the assets associated with the Google Domains business. This means that all Google Domains customers will have their domains automatically transferred to Squarespace later this year. This is your chance to transfer your domains to GoDaddy and join the world's leading domain registrar for stress-free domain management.
- Our transfer process is automated, fast and risk-free, so you can be up and running quickly.
- Domain Privacy is included for free on all eligible domains, keeping your identity safe on WHOIS and across the web.
- Simplify your life by having multiple domains with one centralized provider.
- Need to forward your domain or connect to your email? We've got you covered—and our straightforward domain management tools are made for everyone.
- Get helpful human support wherever and whenever you need it.
Prepare your domain at Google
Get started by unlocking your domain at Google and getting the authorization code (sometimes called an auth code) before transferring to GoDaddy.
- Sign in to your Google domains account.
- Select the domain you'll be transferring and then select Registration settings
- Verify if your domain is unlocked under the Domain registration section. Select the toggle to switch the status to Domain is unlocked.
- Select Get auth code under the Transfer out section. You may be prompted to enter your password.
- If you haven't unlocked your domain yet, select Unlock and continue in the new window to unlock your domain and get your auth code.
- Take note of your auth code or copy it to your clipboard by selecting Copy.
Purchase the transfer at GoDaddy
Your domain is prepped for transfer at Google, so now it's time to purchase the transfer in your GoDaddy account. Domain transfers cost a flat fee of US$9.991, and you get a free year of registration2. You'll need to renew your domain before expiration at the then-current retail price applicable to the domain.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy account or create a new account. (Need help signing in? Find your username or password.)
- Go to the GoDaddy transfers page and search for your domain.
- We'll show a green status bar next to Unlock your domain if we can verify your domain is unlocked.
- If you just recently unlocked your domain, refresh the unlock status by selecting Refresh Status and we'll recheck to see if the domain is unlocked.
- Enter the authorization (auth) code for your domain that you got from your Google account.
- Entered the wrong info? Don't worry—you can edit the auth code in your account later.
- Select Continue once both sections show green status bars.
- If you selected Refresh Status, you might be moved to the next step without having to select Continue.
- Choose an option for Domain Protection and then select Add Protection. If you prefer not to add Domain Protection, select No Thanks instead.
- Complete the checkout process to officially start your domain transfer.
- Plus applicable taxes and fees, including ICANN fee.
- The domain extensions .ai, .at, .au, .br, .co.uk, .co.za, .cz, .es, .eu, .gg, .gs, .jp, .la, .me.uk, .ms, .nl, .nz, .org.uk, .se and .uk do not include free registration.
How long does it take to transfer a domain from Google Domains?
Most domain transfers take 5–7 days to complete. We'll send you an email if we're unable to process your transfer, and you can check the status of your transfer any time in your GoDaddy account.
- Only your domain will transfer but our expert Guides can help transfer your email and website to GoDaddy, too.
- Change your nameservers to GoDaddy to manage you domain and DNS all in the same account.
- Some domain names may have special requirements and limitations when transferring.
- Get more info on different transfer statuses in our handy guide.
- The additional year of registration is free, plus applicable taxes and fees, including the ICANN fee. Your domain won't get the additional year if the current registration length is already at the maximum for that domain extension. Not all domains are eligible for the additional free year of registration.
- Not all domains are eligible to transfer. Transfer eligibility details can be found in ICANN's Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy and our Domain Name Change of Registrant Agreement.