Using the Free Temporary Standard SSL
Premium Extended Validation (EV) SSLs have an extensive vetting process, but a Standard SSL can be vetted and issued quickly. Use the free Standard SSL to secure your site while you wait for your Premium EV SSL request to be vetted.
To Use the Free Temporary Standard SSL
- Request your Premium EV SSL. See Request an SSL certificate (Deluxe or Extended Validation).
- Return to your account and request the Standard SSL. See Request an SSL certificate (Deluxe or Extended Validation).
- Check your email. The authorization request is sent to the administrative contact for the domain name. Follow the instructions to verify your Standard SSL.
- When your Standard SSL certificate has been vetted and issued, install it on your website:
- If you selected Web Hosting, Grid Hosting, Website Builder, Quick Shopping Cart or Dream Web Site when you requested your renewal, we automatically install your certificate.
- If you selected Third Party or Dedicated Server or Virtual Private Server (VPS) without Simple Control Panel, check your email from us for further information about installing the renewed certificate on your server. You must download and install both certificate files. See Install SSL certificates for installation instructions.
- When your Premium EV SSL is vetted and issued, install it to overwrite the Standard SSL. You do not need to uninstall or cancel the Standard SSL.
When you install the Premium EV SSL certificate, the free Standard SSL automatically deletes from your account. If the Premium EV SSL certificate is not issued by the end of the initial certificate's term, the Standard SSL will automatically renew.
Note: Canceling your Premium EV SSL application also cancels the free Standard SSL certificate.