What is WooCommerce for WordPress?
WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce plugin that expands the WordPress application into a powerful and highly customizable online store. With this eCommerce plugin, you can create an engaging and successful online presence limited only by your imagination.
The WooCommerce plugin adds various customizable eCommerce options to your WordPress site and organizes these options into distinct tabs and settings, making it more intuitive to manage your online store. This plugin works for selling products that are physical, digital or both.
Some key features of WooCommerce to help get your online store up and running:
- Built-in payment processing for credit cards, for leading providers like Stripe and PayPal, bank transfers and Cash on Delivery (COD).
- Automatic tax calculation for major country and state tax rates.
- Shipping options that allow you to use geo-location to auto-detect your customer’s address and automatically calculate tax and shipping costs.
It doesn’t matter if you’re just getting started or if you're an experienced WordPress user, WooCommerce is ideal for any store.
To be able to use WooCommerce on your WordPress site, your site should fulfill the following server requirements:
- PHP version: Wordpress and WooCommerce support PHP version 7.4 and up.
- MySQL: WordPress and WooCommerce support MySQL 5.6 and MariaDB 10.1 versions and up.
- WordPress memory limit: 256 MB or higher. Insufficient memory can cause issues with the plugin.
- HTTPS: Payment gateways require an SSL certificate to connect.
- Install and set up WooCommerce
- Add a simple product in WooCommerce
- Add an image for a product in WooCommerce
- Add a WooCommerce shipping zone
- Update the default currency in WooCommerce
- Add or update WooCommerce payment methods