Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete My Credit Card Details - ask for another payment method for renewal.

Hello,

1). I have created an account on go daddy and bought some products using my credit card. Now I have to hand over the account to my client so I need to remove my credit card details from this account's payment method. When I try to delete it at ask for another  payment method for renewal. I have did't schedule any renewal but still its insisting and not allowing to delete without adding another one. Please suggest a solution.

2). What is meant by cancel renew?

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @MuhammadKamran. Thanks for posting. "Cancel renewal" is an option you'd use on your renewals page to disable automatic renewal for a product. It's not possible to remove all payment methods from an account if there are active products within it. Our system isn't really set up to transfer an account from one person to another. If that's something you need to do, you can try adding the new account holders payment method and associating it with the products in the account before removing yours. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.