Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
atv
Getting Started

Incorrect renewals and billing?

Hey guys,

So godaddy is getting me worried with telling me about renewals. I don’t want to be slapped with a unexpected bill or domains getting canceled. I paid for these for at least a year!

so under https://account.godaddy.com/billing it shows some of my domains canceling in 2 or 3 months, but the all my domains i didn’t start buying until 26/11/2018 !

And then in the very same list, the domain appears again with a correct date of 2020 or late 2019.

if i look under my domains list https://dcc.godaddy.com/dcc50/Default.aspx?ci= all domains show up properly with 2020 or late 2019.

for example in renewals it says:

Upgrade

Premium Listing

SHEIKSOFDUBAI.COM

Cancels 02/03/2019

Upgrade

But in dcc , it says (as it should)

SHEIKSOFDUBAI.COM

Edit

11/26/2019

Edit

Manage

Add

Active

it also says this for some domains:

Premium Listing

GETMYGITE.COM

Auto Renews 02/03/2019

Upgrade

Whereas in dcc it says:

GETMYGITE.COM

Edit

1/3/2020

Edit

Manage

Add

Active

Above is not as worrying as the first one, as all my auto renewals are off anyway, but i don’t understand these discrepancies.

What is going on ? As a sidetone, do you get a email from godaddy with the amount you need to pay before they do their renewals ?

Thanks for any input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @atv. Good question. The first item in both of your examples is for a premium listing. A premium listing occurs when you list your domain for sale on our website. Premium listings aren't permanent and will expire. That doesn't affect the registration itself, just the listing. You can always choose to list the domain for sale again once it expires. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @atv. Good question. The first item in both of your examples is for a premium listing. A premium listing occurs when you list your domain for sale on our website. Premium listings aren't permanent and will expire. That doesn't affect the registration itself, just the listing. You can always choose to list the domain for sale again once it expires. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post