Three weeks after dropping almost $2,000 in what was to be a slam dunk:
1. Website not up - still relying on my old host (which is looking pretty good now)
2. 10+ hours Cumulative wait time on hold, average wait time 30+ minutes (1 in 6 attempts has produced an option for a call back)
3. Reading - lots and lots of reading overgeneralized tutorials - also, i have learned what tech support boils down to....a person listening to your problem and executing a search query based on keywords to produce links which they will send you by email, satisfied they did their tech support job.
4. Surprises - i.e. Managed Wordpress wont work you have to do it manually, oh its easy heres a link
5. Surveys - Apparantly, every other interaction involves a compulsory survey. Sorry, I dont feel like completing your stupid survey right now, as i am a bit depressed about wasting $2000.
Just to avoid confusions I want first to tell you that I'm not a GoDaddy employee, I'm just a customer like you and since 2007 I use various services from GoDaddy.
I can tell you that I had my good time and my bad time but as a general conclusion I can say that I get what I paid for.
Until now all my problems ware generated by mistakes made by me but I consider that to be the best way to learn.
I have 14 domains, 12 sites and 2 hosting accounts (Ultimate Linux Hosting with cPanel and one Ultimate Web Hosting Linux) not all purchase at once but I really can't imagine on what you have spent that much for a single site.
Now regarding your problem, if you want I'm sure you can get a refund (see this https://uk.godaddy.com/help/refund-policy-8849 ) but let us know what exactly is your problem, maybe we can help you.
Remember to smile, tomorrow could be worse.
AFTER over two months of trying to use the small web site that I purchased/ created and after waaaaay too many phone calls FROM me to GO DADDY trying to learn exactly how to utilize the site properly, I finally called them today and spoke to ANN, and cancelled my account. They didn't even offer to refund any portion of my $. She seemed only too happy for me to cancel my account and forfeit my $ already spent with GO DADDY. No worries…..I simply want to take my domain NAME TO ANOTHER PROVIDER, AND, I'LL END UP SPENDING ANOTHER FEW HUNDRED $ WITH A DIFFERENT PROVIDER, BUT THAT'S LIFE.
I have used several other providers in the past and several other web sites that I have used successfully for YEARS, and so I'll go to them and start over, if I can transfer my domain name to them without too much cost. . I simply trusted the GO DADDY advertising too much , established a web site with them, and then realized that their service people are poorly trained and not helpful, and, I do NOT feel that I got my money's worth with them, and, I will go elsewhere...
It's not so much the $ down the drain, it's the fact that I will now have to start over with another company and take the time to create another web site etc., plus, spend more $ to accomplish what should have been a really easy effort.
I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND GO DADDY TO ANYONE.
And, WHEN I ASKED THE PERSON WHO I SPOKE WITH THIS MORNING TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER, ALL SHE GAVE ME WAS AN E-MAIL ADDERSS AT CORPORATE, AND, I can probably guess WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH THAT E-MAIL. I DOUBT IF I WILL BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY SPEAK TO A PERSON TO EXPRESS MY THOUGHTS and disappointment.