cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Getting Started

My Experience So Far

Three weeks after dropping almost $2,000 in what was to be a slam dunk:

1. Website not up - still relying on my old host (which is looking pretty good now)

2. 10+ hours Cumulative wait time on hold, average wait time 30+ minutes (1 in 6 attempts has produced an option for a call back)

3.  Reading - lots and lots of reading overgeneralized tutorials - also, i have learned what tech support boils down to....a person listening to your problem and executing a search query based on keywords to produce links which they will send you by email, satisfied they did their tech support job. 

4.  Surprises - i.e. Managed Wordpress wont work you have to do it manually, oh its easy heres a link

5. Surveys - Apparantly, every other interaction involves a compulsory survey.  Sorry, I dont feel like completing your stupid survey right now, as i am a bit depressed about wasting $2000.  

2 REPLIES 2
Helper VI

Hello @ReluctantAdmin

Just to avoid confusions I want first to tell you that I'm not a GoDaddy employee, I'm just a customer like you and since 2007 I use various services from GoDaddy.

I can tell you that I had my good time and my bad time but as a general conclusion I can say that I get what I paid for.

Until now all my problems ware generated by mistakes made by me but I consider that to be the best way to learn.

I have 14 domains, 12 sites and 2 hosting accounts (Ultimate Linux Hosting with cPanel and one Ultimate Web Hosting Linux) not all purchase at once but I really can't imagine on what you have spent that much for a single site.

Now regarding your problem, if you want I'm sure you can get a refund (see this https://uk.godaddy.com/help/refund-policy-8849 ) but let us know what exactly is your problem, maybe we can help you.

Remember to smile, tomorrow could be worse.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

AFTER over two months of trying to use the small web site that I purchased/ created  and after waaaaay too many phone calls FROM me to GO DADDY trying to learn exactly how to utilize the site properly, I finally called them today and spoke to ANN, and cancelled my account. They didn't even offer to refund any portion of my $. She seemed only too happy for me to cancel my account and forfeit my $ already spent with GO DADDY. No worries…..I simply want to take my domain NAME TO ANOTHER PROVIDER, AND, I'LL END UP SPENDING ANOTHER FEW HUNDRED $ WITH A DIFFERENT PROVIDER, BUT THAT'S LIFE.

I have used several other providers in the past and several other web sites that I have used successfully for YEARS, and so I'll go to them and start over, if I can transfer my domain name to them without too much cost. . I simply trusted the GO DADDY advertising too much , established a web site with them, and then realized that their service people are poorly trained and not helpful, and, I do NOT feel that I got my money's worth with them, and,  I will go elsewhere...

It's not so much the $ down the drain, it's the fact that I will now have to start over with another company and take the time to create another web site etc., plus, spend more $ to accomplish what should have been a really easy effort.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND GO DADDY TO ANYONE.

And,  WHEN I ASKED THE PERSON WHO I SPOKE WITH THIS MORNING TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER, ALL SHE GAVE ME WAS AN E-MAIL ADDERSS AT CORPORATE, AND, I can probably guess WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH THAT E-MAIL. I DOUBT IF I WILL BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY SPEAK TO A PERSON TO EXPRESS MY THOUGHTS and disappointment.