cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove myself from Delegated Access to an Account

Wish there was a way to remove MYSELF from an account that was delegated to me.

In my case, many clients only need me for ONE fix or solution. So account access is (or should only be) temporary.

I've had a bunch of people forget to remove my delegated access to their accounts. Making matters worse, there is no apparent way of removing MYSELF from a delegated account. Now I have a cluttered "delegated access" area with multiple identical (first) names making picking the right account a constant guessing game. Not fun!

I have reached out these clients to remind them to remove my access. Not one has done so. No doubt they need me to walk them through the steps. Even though it is simple, it is still a waste of time. A simple, "Remove Access" function is needed to help save time and add additional security to said accounts. It hasn't happened yet, but I know one of these clients will forget that I've been delegated access and think that I somehow hacked into their account. Please, save me the insult and false accusations. Allow me to remove myself from these accounts!

Perhaps there is a way to do this (without having to contact the clients) that I have overlooked. Let me know! Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Remove myself from Delegated Access to an Account

Greetings @endurox  ,

This is a suggestion worthy of consideration,  but as of today, this is an account holder responsibility.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/remove-a-delegate-user-from-my-account-19326

As a person that sends instructions to 300 plus people a week, if you ever gain any insight as to how to have someone actually take the action you are recommending, I sure hope you post it here.  🙂

Best,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

"This is a suggestion worthy of consideration"

Okay. How does one submit this feature request for consideration?

*Sincerely,*
Manny Rodrigues
*(C)* [removed]

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @endurox - No need for you to take further action. We'll pass on your suggestion on as appropriate. Sorry for any confusion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.