cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

What punitive actions are taken for failed auction buyer?

This has happened twice ..a "buyer" placed a bid, I accepted the bid, the domain name remained in 'Pending buyer purchase status'. Emails were sent back and forth between me and auction@godaddy.com. I then get an email from Godaddy stating "We regret to inform you that the buyer of (the domain name) has advised us that they are now unable to complete this transaction and pay for the domain. We have taken punitive action against their account and we apologize for any inconvenience. You are free to relist the domain for sale." What punitive action is taken by Godaddy to discourage would-be buyers from failing to follow through on the purchase of a domain name?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@KathyH53 

From my experience as a one-time GD employee, that tends to result in a trip to the Office of the CEO (virtually, of course) and they may get "fired" for doing unethical business. Sometimes they have to pay a fee for their actions because GD has to pay for the transaction as well. There are lots of policies they have to ensure that the system works most of the time. There are a lot of scam artists out there, however, and GD is the largest domain seller in the world.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II

@KathyH53 

From my experience as a one-time GD employee, that tends to result in a trip to the Office of the CEO (virtually, of course) and they may get "fired" for doing unethical business. Sometimes they have to pay a fee for their actions because GD has to pay for the transaction as well. There are lots of policies they have to ensure that the system works most of the time. There are a lot of scam artists out there, however, and GD is the largest domain seller in the world.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Thank you for your response.