cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

how to increase bid for my domain

i see other domains which is sale type '' expired domain'' sell well(bidding}.but my doamin for bidding is sale type'' open auction'' doesn't sell. how should i setup my expired domain to sell well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sasika,

Welcome to the Community!

Any domain that you list for sale must be no closer than 90 days to expiration when listed for auction. You are not able to list expired domains for auction as they no longer belong to you until you have paid for their renewal.

When a domain name's registration expires, it goes back to the registry. Before valuable domain names expire and go back to their registry, registrars (like GoDaddy) will try to sell the domain name through an auction (the "expired domain auction" you reference). This gives interested buyers the opportunity to bid for the domain name before it goes back to the registry and is available for normal registration.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @sasika,

Welcome to the Community!

Any domain that you list for sale must be no closer than 90 days to expiration when listed for auction. You are not able to list expired domains for auction as they no longer belong to you until you have paid for their renewal.

When a domain name's registration expires, it goes back to the registry. Before valuable domain names expire and go back to their registry, registrars (like GoDaddy) will try to sell the domain name through an auction (the "expired domain auction" you reference). This gives interested buyers the opportunity to bid for the domain name before it goes back to the registry and is available for normal registration.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post