cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't transfer domain to another registrar.

I've looked at all of the other posts and help articles, however I have not been able to obtain an epp/ authorization code. Please can anyone help me with finding this?'

It would be greatly appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Can't transfer domain to another registrar.

@DefectiveProphe wrote:

I've looked at all of the other posts and help articles, however I have not been able to obtain an epp/ authorization code. Please can anyone help me with finding this?'

It would be greatly appreciated.

@DefectiveProphe Go to your domain manager, click on the domain, scroll all the way down and click on "get authorization code."

---

it says that it's disabled, however I haven't change any details in the past 60 days, and I have had the domain registered for over 2 years?

What else could be the problem?

Super User II
Super User II

@DefectiveProphe wrote:

it says that it's disabled, however I haven't change any details in the past 60 days, and I have had the domain registered for over 2 years?

What else could be the problem?

@DefectiveProphe Was the domain recently transferred to Godaddy? Typically the only reasons that the domain wouldn't be eligible for transfer is that the contact information for the domain was recently updated or that it falls in the 60 day window.

---

The domain has been part of this account for 2 years, never transferred, and the contact information has always remained the same and has not been touched for the same 2 years?

Anything else you could recommend?

I am having the same issue when trying to transfer a domain to bluehost. It tells me the transfer was rejected by Godaddy, even after I got the code thing. I checked in the transfer domain section and it does not show up either

Super User II
Super User II

@Bobbyns wrote:

I am having the same issue when trying to transfer a domain to bluehost. It tells me the transfer was rejected by Godaddy, even after I got the code thing. I checked in the transfer domain section and it does not show up either

@Bobbyns when a domain transfer is rejected by Godaddy they also issue a reason with it. What was the reason?

---

I have not had the rejected scenario, still trying to find the authorization code. Would it be best to assume this is an issue with Godaddy and contact their support?

Super User II
Super User II

@DefectiveProphe wrote:

I have not had the rejected scenario, still trying to find the authorization code. Would it be best to assume this is an issue with Godaddy and contact their support?

@DefectiveProphe Login to your domain manager, click on the domain, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on "get authorization code." You'll need to unlock the domain as well.

---

I feel like I am going around in circles, I have tried everything from Godaddy's help section and other people on this forum, I have been to the domain manager, scroll down and see "Get Authorization Code(Disabled)"  the domain lock is off.

I'm going to contact Godaddy directly as nothing seems to work.

Now I am getting

"Trouble looking up domain registration information"

Super User II
Super User II

@DefectiveProphe wrote:

I feel like I am going around in circles, I have tried everything from Godaddy's help section and other people on this forum, I have been to the domain manager, scroll down and see "Get Authorization Code(Disabled)"  the domain lock is off.

I'm going to contact Godaddy directly as nothing seems to work.

@DefectiveProphe That's probably your best bet. I can only give you reasons why there would be a lock in place, I'm not able to access your account and verify.

---

Solution

Hi @DefectiveProphe

There are some CCTLD domains that do not use an authorization code. If you are trying to transfer either a .UK or a .NZ domain, you will need to call our customer support. They can then escalate your request to either update the IPS tag, or provide a UDAI code (respectively). If it's a .UK domain, you will need to get that IPS tag from your gaining registrar. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Hi @Bobbyns,

Unfortunately, this appears to be account specific and Community is not a support forum. You will need to contact live support to look into your issue with the domain.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support