cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain transfer from Gandi through Sedo

Hello,

I sold a domain through Sedo and I received an email from GoDaddy "Transfer Action Needed".

"Please go to our website, GoDaddy.com, log in and follow these instructions."

Following the link "instructions" on the email it's written: "Purchase a domain name transfer from our website. We will send you a message if the extension is not available to transfer.".

So I created an account here and when I try to buy a transfer it said "Domain is already registered here.", but it's actually still registered on my registar (Gandi).

The locking function of the domain is off by the way.

Thank you for your support.

Ryo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rockstar II

@Ryo wrote:

Hello,

I sold a domain through Sedo and I received an email from GoDaddy "Transfer Action Needed".

Following the link "instructions" on the email it's written: "Purchase a domain name transfer from our website. We will send you a message if the extension is not available to transfer.".

So I created an account here and when I try to buy a transfer it said "Domain is already registered here.", but it's actually still registered on my registar (Gandi).

Ryo

@Ryo I believe the buyer has already initiated the transfer thats why you received the transfer email from Godaddy. That email may contain a link to confirm the transfer or two codes. If it contains the two codes you'll need to provide those to your transfer agent through the sedo interface.

---

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rockstar II

@Ryo wrote:

Hello,

Ryo

@Ryo I believe the buyer has already initiated the transfer thats why you received the transfer email from Godaddy. That email may contain a link to confirm the transfer or two codes. If it contains the two codes you'll need to provide those to your transfer agent through the sedo interface.

---

View solution in original post

Thanks a lot @justingodfrey, yes there is a "Transaction ID" and a "Security Code" at the bottom of the email.

I provided them to my agent, I will see Monday.

Have a nice week-end!

Ryo

@Ryo wrote:

Thanks a lot @justingodfrey, yes there is a "Transaction ID" and a "Security Code" at the bottom of the email.

I provided them to my agent, I will see Monday.

Have a nice week-end!

Ryo

@Ryo This will allow the Sedo transfer agent to initiate the registrar to Godaddy to the buyer's account. Congrats on the sale!

--

Justin

Thank you @justingodfrey!

The transfer is in progress.

Have a nice day!

Ryo