cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nonstandard format for domain transfer to Weebly

I was trying to transfer one of my domain names from GoDaddy to Weebly but when I do that in the other site, it says the format is not standard and can't be transferred. They showed me an ICANN article that says that formats have changed.  It seems Weebly's is the new format.  After seesawing back and forth between GoDaddy and Weebly, it seems neither is able or willing to solve the problem.  Weebly says it could be because the Who.Is format requires putting in the province abbreviation, instead of spelling it out and they said GoDaddy should do it.  They said they cannot see the registration details in Who.Is and showed me the screen where my address is blank.  GoDaddy says it's registered and showed me the supposed Who.Is registration, which did show the province spelled out, not as an abbreviation.  However, GoDaddy said they have no control over it and can't do anything.  I'm at my wits end as I have an almost finished website in Weebly but I can't use my domain name.  More than that, I have several domain names with GoDaddy.  I am wondering now, whether I should just cancel all those names since I may not be able to use that at all, if all GoDaddy domain names are "nonstandard format" and they are unwilling to change it.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Nonstandard format for domain transfer to Weebly

Hi @agastudillo, thanks for posting.

You may want to try updating the contact information for the domain to see if you can update this. However, you will want to ensure that you do not change the Registrant first name, last name, or organization.

See steps here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-domain-contact-information-418

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 Support | Check System Status

Re: Nonstandard format for domain transfer to Weebly

I did try to change my account information using the instructions in your link.  But the province field was a dropdown list, should I could not change "British Columbia" to "BC".  The Weebly people said that was the likely nonstandard format (province should be abbreviations, not spelled out).