cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Helper I

Transfer out of GoDaddy was painless. FYI

GoDaddy renewal fee of $18 per year finally got us motivated to start switching registrar.    Today we successfully did our first domain transfer to another registrar saving a lot of money moving forward.  Multiple that by the number of Domains we have here at GoDaddy and we're talking big $$ saving which simply can''t be ignored any longer.    Competing registrars that will work fine for most folks reading this and those seeking cost savings include [removed], etc.     

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

I am happy to hear that your experience was painless @JohnReam. It says a lot about GoDaddy as a company that they make moving to another registar seemless. GoDaddy surely would prefer to keep you and others as customers. GoDaddy cares enough to make it easy for you to leave and I can tell you having dealt wit a lot of registrars, that is not common. 

Should you need assistance don't forget that the GoDaddy Community is here for you. For those needing to transfer domains in or out of GoDaddy have a look at Transfer My Domain to GoDaddy and Transfer My Domain Away from GoDaddy. Happy domaining!

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

I am happy to hear that your experience was painless @JohnReam. It says a lot about GoDaddy as a company that they make moving to another registar seemless. GoDaddy surely would prefer to keep you and others as customers. GoDaddy cares enough to make it easy for you to leave and I can tell you having dealt wit a lot of registrars, that is not common. 

Should you need assistance don't forget that the GoDaddy Community is here for you. For those needing to transfer domains in or out of GoDaddy have a look at Transfer My Domain to GoDaddy and Transfer My Domain Away from GoDaddy. Happy domaining!

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post