cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transferring to Wordpress, code not valid

Hi everyone. I’ve tried numerous times to transfer a .com domain from GoDaddy to Wordpress.com. My domain is already mapped to WP. I get an Authorisation Coe from GoDaddy, it states the domain is unlocked, paste the code into WP. Authorisation Code is invalid. Frustrating! I have a free domain with WP and would like to use it for my website. GoDaddy has bumped the price significantly for my domain rego. WP keeps re-setting the transfer. But nothing has worked so far. I also cannot cancel the Auto Renewal and removed my credit card from GoDaddy which is annoying. Please suggest how to fix these issues? Not working for me 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Annie17,

Welcome to the Community!

If you'll show the Community your domain name, we can take an external look at its status. If the authorization code is invalid (and that's determined by the Registry), you can have GoDaddy Customer Care make a new one for you, so it will synch with the Registry. You can also remove the auto-renewal at any time with these instructions, as long as Protected Registration is not applied. If you've been able to transfer, you can approve the move from your GoDaddy account. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Annie17,

Welcome to the Community!

If you'll show the Community your domain name, we can take an external look at its status. If the authorization code is invalid (and that's determined by the Registry), you can have GoDaddy Customer Care make a new one for you, so it will synch with the Registry. You can also remove the auto-renewal at any time with these instructions, as long as Protected Registration is not applied. If you've been able to transfer, you can approve the move from your GoDaddy account. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post