Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Blank screen / white screen of death

My website http://govenue.co/ is displaying blank. I set up a forward and then deleted it. I am aware these changes take time and I have refreshed cache and deleted history. 

I have searched the forums and tried everything. 

Help please!! I don't want the domain to forward at all. I can't even login to the back end wordpress.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Adrian8
    Helper VI

Hello.
    There are a few steps which you have to do::
    1- Open your hosting account and go to File Manager
    2- Open the folder where you have your site and search for the WordPress index.php file and rename it to index-old.php
    3- Check if you have another file in the same folder with the name index.html file and rename it to index-old.html
    4- Create a text file in your PC , name it index.txt and introduce the following:

<html>
    <head>
    <title>TEST</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    TEST
    </body>
    </html>

5- Rename the index.txt file to index.html and upload it with File Manager in the folder where you have your site
    6- Accesses your site.
    7- If you do not see the word TEST on your screen then check the redirection configurations of your domain.
    8- If you see the word TEST on the screen then the redirection problem is solved and you need to focus on the problem of wordpress. First delete the index.html file that you created and placed on the server and rename back the file index-old.php in index.php and then focus on the wordpress error by following the steps from here https://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors

I hope this will help you. Good luck.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Adrian8
    Helper VI

Hello.
    There are a few steps which you have to do::
    1- Open your hosting account and go to File Manager
    2- Open the folder where you have your site and search for the WordPress index.php file and rename it to index-old.php
    3- Check if you have another file in the same folder with the name index.html file and rename it to index-old.html
    4- Create a text file in your PC , name it index.txt and introduce the following:

<html>
    <head>
    <title>TEST</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    TEST
    </body>
    </html>

5- Rename the index.txt file to index.html and upload it with File Manager in the folder where you have your site
    6- Accesses your site.
    7- If you do not see the word TEST on your screen then check the redirection configurations of your domain.
    8- If you see the word TEST on the screen then the redirection problem is solved and you need to focus on the problem of wordpress. First delete the index.html file that you created and placed on the server and rename back the file index-old.php in index.php and then focus on the wordpress error by following the steps from here https://codex.wordpress.org/Common_WordPress_Errors

I hope this will help you. Good luck.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

View solution in original post