Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    jscust
    New

How to add multiple choice to the product option in online store

We used GoDaddy before and was able to set it up so that we could enter multiple choice options for a custom cookie site.  In this latest version, I can options but see no way to set it up so a customer can select several items at one time.  Is there a way to do this?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
    Heather
    Employee

Hello @jscust!

Thank you for posting. The Online Store gives you the option to add product options. You can follow the steps in this guide to add product options. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I know how to do that but it doesn't let me select more than one option.  We want people to be able to select up to 4 ingredients, for example choc chips and peanuts.  Right now, I can select only one item (option) and want to be able to select multiple at one time.  We used to be able to do this.  A person could select the cookie dough and then select multiple options.  I starting to wonder if GoDaddy is the product for us.

Hello @jscust!

Thank you for your reply. It does allow you to create more than one. Once you've created one, you just click the 'Create Option' button again. So if you want to provide the option to select dough, and then select their ingredients, your first option should be dough, then you put in the multiple options you have available for that option by clicking the 'Create Option Choice' text under the choice you just entered to get another box. Click 'Done' once you have all your dough options in. Then click 'Create Option' again. Since you want them to be able to select multiple ingredients, you would want to set this option up as something like 'Ingredient 1' or whatever you'd like. Put all the option choices in and then start a new option for ingredient 2 and so on. 

welllllll  I don't think this is going to work out.  I have one set of options and went to add the second set and got this error: Looks like you've hit the limit on how many option choices you can combine. You're limited to 250 and you have 450. Please remove some options or choices.  I have 15 ingredients and I want people to be able to pick 4.  It used to be pretty easy to do this.  😞

Hey @jscust

Thank you for you reply. I'm sorry the store isn't working out for you. GoCentral Website Builder and Online Store are really meant for users that are new to building sites and have basic needs when it comes to their site and/or store. It really sounds like you need a more robust solution for your store. You may be better off with a WordPress with the WooCommerce plugin for your specific needs. 

Thank you for your help.  What would be my next step for WordPress and WooCommerce?