It seems like a lot of the success stories in Twitter comes from big brands using it for advertising or for customer support. But what about small businesses?
If you're working for a small biz... how are you using it? What works/doesn't work?
I use Twitter for my own business in several key ways:
1) To spread news about my company
2) To connect with media - when I want to talk to a reporter or editor, Twitter is the first place I look
3) To see what competitors are up to
4) To drive people to Instagram and Facebook when I'm running giveaways
5) To share discounts and special offers, either on my website or on Amazon, using trackable coupon codes
6) To connect with retailers where my products are sold - I try to get to know the person/people handling social media, retweet their posts, and send them recipes using my sauces that they can share with their followers
Does that help?
Hi there, I am shocked when folks say they do not use twitter.....
I speak with folks outside the USA mostly on twitter. Social Media places are just that, to be social. I clearly take advantage of that situation.
Business who only spam on twitter are not thought of highly by a lot of folks. Heck I talk of my photography over there, add my images, folks ask questions and such. There is also more to any of us then just what we do for work......
More then that, it is a place folks can connect to others, no matter what they do.
I get a lot of folks to my website from twitter....... I get a lot of my world news and happenings from twitter as well
Anyhoo I am Mrs_Roadrunner over there if you want to connect. You will know someone if you are not over there already. I remember when I started over there and it seamed a tad bit overwhelming at first. Thank goodness I new a lady who owned a coffee business and she helped me out haha