• GoDaddy Community
  • How to Market Your Business
  • How to Market Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

How to promote my website to more people in the UK?

Hi guy complete newbie here.

My website is www.hvb-fencing.com
    Im a fencing contractor so all of my work is in the uk.
    Nearyl all the traffic coming to my website is from Kiev or the US.

Any help on how to sort this would be great.

Cheers Si

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Resolver II

Hi Sharky,

Submit your business and site to google business listing.

Use there web master tool's to notify google you want to target the UK market.

Optimize your website more for search engines, adding in your business address etc. 

The only thing telling google your in the UK is one word in your title 'stafforshire'. Is that miss spelt also?

The rest of your content doesn't state where you conduct business or refer to any type of area you do business in apart from your title.

You need to get those changes made bud.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

New

Well, @Sharkypants1986 the entire process is a very tendentious one. I don't want to sound pessimistic, however, focus on UK based websites where you might promote your services.

Also, consider UK local Directories and obviously Google My Business, Bing Places and Yahoo's Local Directory.

You can also suggest your website to the UK regional tree of some higher quality general directories.

have you checked in Webmaster Tools the geographic setting? The default is US, but you can change it to UK.

I hope this helps.

Web designer and coder, editor in my spare time.

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

I know that it might sound simple @Sharkypants1986 but one of the easiest and best ways you can target your local market is to secure a TLD that is focused on your local market. I'm not suggesting that you get rid of your .COM but you should look into getting a .UK or .CO.UK

It will be easier for users searching on google.co.uk to find you that way.  I hope that helps? Come back and let us know if that helps... provided you aren't busy doing fence jobs. 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Resolver II

Hi Sharky,

Submit your business and site to google business listing.

Use there web master tool's to notify google you want to target the UK market.

Optimize your website more for search engines, adding in your business address etc. 

The only thing telling google your in the UK is one word in your title 'stafforshire'. Is that miss spelt also?

The rest of your content doesn't state where you conduct business or refer to any type of area you do business in apart from your title.

You need to get those changes made bud.

Hope this helps.

New

Well, @Sharkypants1986 the entire process is a very tendentious one. I don't want to sound pessimistic, however, focus on UK based websites where you might promote your services.

Also, consider UK local Directories and obviously Google My Business, Bing Places and Yahoo's Local Directory.

You can also suggest your website to the UK regional tree of some higher quality general directories.

have you checked in Webmaster Tools the geographic setting? The default is US, but you can change it to UK.

I hope this helps.

Web designer and coder, editor in my spare time.