cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

301 redirect is not working properly. Unable to move site on Google Search Console

This has been discussed here before. I am hoping someone may have a work around because I am completely disgusted with GoDaddy. As you may have seen, many websites when redirected are redirecting improperly. This is causing problems with the Google Search Console because it cannot move. 

Example: I'm trying to move cutedogsouth3939393.com to cutedognorth3939393. The problem is that GoDaddy is publishing cutedogsouth3939393.com as cutedogsouth3939393.com/xuluwu8. No such site exists. 

This is disallowing Google to move the site. Any workarounds? 

3 REPLIES 3
Employee
Employee

Re: 301 redirect is not working properly. Unable to move site on Google Search Console

Hi @tangerineblue

Thank you for you post. An update has been deployed to address and fix the issue which is causing the additional characters to display in the URL causing a redirect issue.  Our devs have been investigating this since the first mention of this occurring to find the root issue. 

Happy to be able to say that this error should no longer be occurring going forward, however the update may take some time to fully propagate. One recommendation is to re-apply the forward settings so that the update can happen immediately, then check the resolution from a new network after an hour or so.

Greatly appreciate your understanding and patience in the matter and hope that this does not cause you any further inconvenience. 

Best Wishes!

-TechFly 

Re: 301 redirect is not working properly. Unable to move site on Google Search Console

Example: I'm trying to move babawale.com to babawale.info The problem is that GoDaddy is publishing babawale.com as babawale.info/xuluwu8. No such site exists. 

Please i NEED THIS FIXED

Looks like this issue is occurring again - called in about the issue, but "advanced tech" refused to address the issue - claiming that it is "working as intended" - as this problem is going to build up it's going to hurt you guys financially - but I guess "major issues" don't always get tackled until it gets large enough to be a big nuisance