cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't Cancel auto renew

Hi,

i can't cancel my domain auto renew, i get this message 

"This product cannot be canceled at this time. Please contact our customer service team for more information."

Could you help me with this? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can't Cancel auto renew

What's worse is that GoDaddy illegally and unethically switches on Auto Renew from time to time.

This morning, in fact, I looked at my account and noticed 13 domain domain names had been switched to Auto Renew. The last time I was in my account, I purposely switched off ALL Auto Renew options.

And yet they're on again.

When I called to get help from a CSR, I was told, "We are not allowed to turn on Auto Renew."

I tired to explain to her that if I did not turn on Auto Renew, then someone there HAD TO.

Good luck getting a straight answer from GoDaddy.

Solution

Hi @Julia2020,

Welcome to the Community!

Only the customer has control over the auto-renewal option. However, it sounds like you may have opted for Protected Registration on your domain. This is a wise choice to protect your domain from expiration or transfer, but the feature will need to be removed in order to take of the auto-renewal. With just a few quick steps, you can take off the protection. Once removed, you can cancel auto-renewal.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

Thank you, TLH for your help! The problem is solved now! Good luck to you! Smiley Happy

Thank you, JustBill1 for your reply! The problem is solved now! 

Good luck to you too! Smiley Happy