cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Can't find my new .UK domain

Hi folks, I have just registered two domains in one order, a ".directory" and a ".uk" domain.

When I look in My Domains area, I can see the ".directory" domain has appeared within the list of all my other domains. 

However, the ".uk" still hasn't appeared, and it's now been over 4 hours since I received my confirmation email from GoDaddy.

If I'd just purchased the ".uk" domain on it's own, I'd probably just assume that I'd have to wait a bit longer - but seeing as I bought two of them and the other one appeared almost straight away, I thought it might be a good idea to post here.

Any advice would be welcome. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can't find my new .UK domain

Hi @Avery. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

The two domains you registered are actually handled by different registries. This means that rules for each can be a little different. For .UK domains specifically, there could be a few things coming into play. My guess would be that the registration failed for some reason. One common cause is if someone else owns the .co.uk version of the domain. Per Nominet rules, parties that already had the .co.uk version of a domain registered automatically have the .uk version reserved for them until some time in 2019. You'll probably want to connect with our support team to find out more. If a registration fails, it will eventually be refunded. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Hi Jesse, thanks for replying. 
I spoke to GoDaddy support on the phone yesterday. The woman I spoke to claimed she was able to register the domain for me, and presumably didn't see anything on her screen saying "You can't register this domain" etc, because she genuinely seemed to think that her attempt to purchase it for me was successful. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear you were able to get some help @Avery. Thanks for the update. It's possible that the registration failed for other reasons and sometimes just registering it again is enough to make it go through. Hopefully, everything continues to go smoothly for you from here on out. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.