Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MYOMS
New

Custom domain for blogger

Hi,

We are setting up a custom domain for our blog. I'm following the step by step instructions to do so, but when I add in the CNAME an "Unexpected Error" happens. It's let me add 1 of the 2 CNAME's in just the google.com one isn't working. Any idea how to get around it?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
T-3D
Former Employee

Interesting @MYOMS, A couple of things stand out in your post. First, you mention a second CNAME and I believe you only need to edit one (www) to get this to work. When you speak of two entries, are you sure it isn't the nameservers you are referring to? - These should be parked.

You also mentioned following a set of instructions, but not the source,  so I hope these are the ones you are using: https://www.godaddy.com/help/mapping-your-domain-name-to-work-with-blogger-5112

One last thing...when I am following the instructions precisely and I get an unexpected error, sometimes I find that another browser works better, And 24/7 Support is always available to look at your account specifically.

I hope it helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support