Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Discount Domain Club - domain renewal price

I just got an email message from info@mwpf.net offering me a $67 "Deal" to renew my domain expiring in October. I only have one. Why does it cost $69 to host one domain for one year?  Is this a massive increase or have I forgotten?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adrian8
Helper VI

Hello @nmscurator

If your domain is registered at GoDaddy, that message is fake or spam or whatever you want to call it 🙂

Also, there is no website at the domain from which the email originated.

So relax, and drink a tea.

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Adrian8
Helper VI

Hello @nmscurator

If your domain is registered at GoDaddy, that message is fake or spam or whatever you want to call it 🙂

🙂

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

View solution in original post

Thank you...just drank some hot coconut milk with cinnamon before insisting on turning off my computer for the day! I realized that conclusion after inspecting my go-daddy account and figured it was some kind of con. Oh well, there are so many unethical people--including ahem now one at the helm.  Anyway, won't delve into that. Thanks for sharing the wise opinion.

You're welcome @nmscurator 🙂

@Adrian8 wrote:

Hello @nmscurator

🙂

Must I state the obvious? It is most likely a GoDaddy Reseller.

Example: http://shop.EMRConsultants.com