cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My domain name was stolen by someone from my Godaddy account

On July 4th , I received an e-mail from GoDaddy notify me that the domain (tululu.com) registrant had been changed. I immediately logged in my Godaddy account and found that tululu.com was not longer in my domain control pannel. I did not do it, That operation did not get my permission. The domain name is really mine. In April 2011, i transferred that domain name from Yahoo(as a domain agent of Melbourne IT) to Godaddy,and from then on,I used my credit card to renew it every year. All of the informations can be found in my credit card transaction records. In addition, the registrant email in whois is still mine .I contacted the four departments of Godaddy many times. But did not get a satisfactory answer.what should i do now?
10 REPLIES 10
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: My domain name was stolen by someone from my Godaddy account

Hello @Netbeggar, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the domain name.  According to the Whois the domain is still registered through GoDaddy.  If the domain was moved from your account without your authorization, you would need to send an email to Undo@GoDaddy.com.  They'll review the situation and let you know what your options are.  Thanks.  

MPC

Hi @MPC,

Thank you for your reply. I have contacted undo@godaddy.com many times. but just got the following replies: 1. Our records indicate that even though the domain name is no longer in your account, there has NOT been a change of registrant. We recommend submitting the Change form at changeupdate.com. 2. We are unable to provide any further advice or guidance on this matter. Please consult your personal legal counsel for assistance. According to the option 1, I submited a change form,but change@godaddy.com reply me; "we can only make this change after verifying the consent of the registrant – and unfortunately, the registrant’s consent was not provided in this case. " or "If the registrant doesn’t respond or is unwilling to assist you, any further dispute will need to be sent to the registrant through an ICANN-approved arbitration provider at http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/approved-providers.htm, or the court system." NOW,the whois information is incorrect,except Email address. so what can i do?

Hey @Netbeggar,

It looks like you've already been presented with the best options to proceed from both our Undo and Change teams who have already investigated into the claim. Unfortunately, there's very little we can do here on an open discussion forum as we have limited resources to review the matter. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Helper V

The domain registration has:

Registrant Name: my boy
Registrant Organization: 
Registrant Street: beijing
Registrant City: fengtai
Registrant State/Province: 
Registrant Postal Code: 065007
Registrant Country: CN
Registrant Phone: +86.1234567890
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: 
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: xialiuda@126.com

Is that you? Note that none of that is useful for validating the owner except the email address. Did you get a message at that address? If that is the information you provided then you should have paid for the privacy feature to keep your contact information private.

My domain was taking when I was in Iraq working I return home to find my webmaster had taking off with money and site toursecurity.net was down I had been trying through Dotster to find out what happen yesterday I got a reply from Dotster that's listed below someone contact us from 4806242599 trying to blackmail me for website I said and told them I contacted the USSS to make a report if you look at site you will see my name buddy spenser all over they put some bull **bleep** about us taking smart drugs and redirection of contacts

I well pay to get site back and pay you to host site take over upkeep toursecurity@hotmail.com
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Our records indicate that the domain name 'Toursecurity.net' expired on July 24th, 2013. This domain name was not renewed at this time and was returned to the registry shortly after during the month of September. This domain name is currently registered at GoDaddy and was purchased through their service on September 6th, 2016. Please review the following information from the public whois.

Domain Name: TOURSECURITY.NET
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Name Server: DION.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: TIA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Status: clientRenewProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Updated Date: 09-sep-2016
Creation Date: 06-sep-2016
Expiration Date: 06-sep-2017

We would recommend contacting the registrar or the registrant of this domain name if you wish to reacquire the name. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Anthony M.
Dotster Compliance Team

GoDaddy stole mine also!

It appears by reading reviews GoDaddy has become ruthless in their business practices. It seemed that within minutes of my domain name expiring, "someone" new owns my name I have had with GoDaddy for around 14 years. Now this "new" owner wants $2800 for me to keep my name.

Why would this business do this, or better yet allow this? I still have hosting time, I still have this business, and I have a big mouth! I am a mechanical kind of guy and explained this to tech support. I didn't understand why my site was costing so much now.  The tech looked at my account and price went up more! The crazy part was the checkout page had items on it that did not add up to the total. Again, I am not a web guy, I can fix cars, elevators, electrical things, but GoDaddy needs to fix this. ASAP!!

New

I had forgot to renew my domain at one point and it was purchased by someone else who then wanted to sell it for $280.00 which is fair enough, I slipped so whatever. 

I wasn't sure if I even needed a website so I let it go for a couple years, it's not a common name at all so no one would want it. The website was widmeyerconstruction.com, my friend was starting her marketing firm and she wanted to help small businesses like mine by putting them on social media and building websites, she called godaddy at about 11pm so inquire about the price and I was about to just pay the $280.00 then thought I would sleep on it. When I woke up and looked up the domain on godaddy it jumped from $280.00 to $2,800.00 so we called them and they said they knew nothing about it, if you don't have a screenshot then too bad. Godaddy is shady. We said we'll pay the $280.00 now or you can have the $2,800.00 never. We ended up just using a different service and I put a dash between the words but do not trust this company.

Wow. These posts are really worrying stuff.

Helper V

@Adamwto be honest I don't understand how GoDaddy can be blamed. It is like the cliché "Don't kill the messenger". There is plenty of possible things to accuse GoDaddy of and I don't think it is good to blindly accuse anyone. The important thing is that the domain name business can be disgusting.

New

call the police