Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
awilson3rd
Getting Started

Renewal issues again

I posted a topic about this before but didn't really get round to dealing with it. 

Anyway. I have turned auto renewal off on all my domains because godaddy keeps forcing me to renew for 2 years when the auto renew is on. There is no option in the renew feature now to select the number of years and it seems 2 years is automatic except when you manually renew by adding the item to the cart. 

I have gone through every setting and cannot find a way to change the auto renew length? Adding to my cart and then changing it sort of defeats the object on having auto renew on? 

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @awilson3rd,

Welcome to the Community!

The previous reply from @Nate is correct. The domain is renewing at 2 years due to that choice made at registration. To change it, manually renew it in your account for the single year, if that is what you wish. It should set the precedence for future renewals. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nate
Super User II

The auto renewal term is based on the initial purchase.  There is not currently a way to change this but that would be helpful.

TLH

Hi @awilson3rd,

Welcome to the Community!

The previous reply from @Nate is correct. The domain is renewing at 2 years due to that choice made at registration. To change it, manually renew it in your account for the single year, if that is what you wish. It should set the precedence for future renewals. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

awilson3rd
Getting Started

No, this is not correct. I have never purchased a domain for more than a single year. It's obvious that GoDaddy are trying to force people to auto renew for 2 years.

As advised, they have even removed the option to set the renew period within the domain manager, the only way to do it is from the cart which as advised defeats the object of having an auto renewal.

I'm just fed up with GoDaddy tactics to be honest and will start moving my domains to siteground who are far more open about their products and policies.

Thanks for trying to help. I know how auto renew works. I've been a customer of GoDaddy for more than 15 years and have multiple domains. But, they have changed how it works.