cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

What TLDs Support Full Domain Privacy & Protection?

I'm looking to buy a new domain name but first I'd like to know which TLDs support Full Domain Privacy & Protection. I can't find a conclusive list of this anywhere.

I'm especially confused because if, for example, I add a .guru domain to my cart I'm given the option to add Full Domain Privacy & Protection but I know that the .guru TLD does not support this.

If someone could point me in the direction of a list of what is/isn't eligible for Full Domain Privacy & Protection I'd be very grateful.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@Jayblz 

GoDaddy has a help page for every TLD that they support that tells all the restrictions for that TLD in regards to renewals / name servers and other elements

https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-guru-domain-names-8922? shows that privacy is allowed. Google has a similar page for the domains you can register there and it says privacy is allowed

I also found about 3 or 4 other registrars that show that .guru allows for privacy.

I quick google search of what domains don't support privacy gives a number of registrars that have a list - here is the largest list I found.

.abogado
.ac
.ae
.aero
.af
.africa
.ag
.ai
.alsace
.am
.ar
.archi
.as
.asia
.at
.au
.auto
.barcelona
.bayern
.be
.berlin
.br
.brussels
.bzh
.cat
.cd
.ch
.cl
.cm
.cologne
.coop
.corsica
.cx
.cz
.de
.dk
.ec
.es
.feedback
.fi
.fm
.fr
.frl
.gd
.gg
.gl
.gr
.gs
.gy
.hamburg
.hk
.hm
.hn
.hr
.ht
.hu
.il
.im
.in
.io
.is
.je
.jobs
.jp
.kg
.ki
.kr
.la
.law
.lc
.li
.lt
.lu
.lv
.ly
.ma
.md
.melbourne
.mn
.ms
.mu
.mx
.my
.nl
.no
.nrw
.nu
.nyc
.nz
.paris
.pe
.ph
.pl
.pm
.pr
.pro
.pt
.pw
.qa
.quebec
.re
.rio
.ro
.ru
.ruhr
.sb
.sc
.scot
.se
.sg
.sh
.si
.so
.sport
.sr
.srl
.st
.sx
.sydney
.tc
.tf
.tk
.tl
.tm
.to
.travel
.tw
.ua
.uk
.us
.uy
.vc
.ve
.vg
.vlaanderen
.vote
.voto
.wf
.wien
.yt
.za

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@Jayblz 

GoDaddy has a help page for every TLD that they support that tells all the restrictions for that TLD in regards to renewals / name servers and other elements

https://www.godaddy.com/help/about-guru-domain-names-8922? shows that privacy is allowed. Google has a similar page for the domains you can register there and it says privacy is allowed

I also found about 3 or 4 other registrars that show that .guru allows for privacy.

I quick google search of what domains don't support privacy gives a number of registrars that have a list - here is the largest list I found.

.abogado
.ac
.ae
.aero
.af
.africa
.ag
.ai
.alsace
.am
.ar
.archi
.as
.asia
.at
.au
.auto
.barcelona
.bayern
.be
.berlin
.br
.brussels
.bzh
.cat
.cd
.ch
.cl
.cm
.cologne
.coop
.corsica
.cx
.cz
.de
.dk
.ec
.es
.feedback
.fi
.fm
.fr
.frl
.gd
.gg
.gl
.gr
.gs
.gy
.hamburg
.hk
.hm
.hn
.hr
.ht
.hu
.il
.im
.in
.io
.is
.je
.jobs
.jp
.kg
.ki
.kr
.la
.law
.lc
.li
.lt
.lu
.lv
.ly
.ma
.md
.melbourne
.mn
.ms
.mu
.mx
.my
.nl
.no
.nrw
.nu
.nyc
.nz
.paris
.pe
.ph
.pl
.pm
.pr
.pro
.pt
.pw
.qa
.quebec
.re
.rio
.ro
.ru
.ruhr
.sb
.sc
.scot
.se
.sg
.sh
.si
.so
.sport
.sr
.srl
.st
.sx
.sydney
.tc
.tf
.tk
.tl
.tm
.to
.travel
.tw
.ua
.uk
.us
.uy
.vc
.ve
.vg
.vlaanderen
.vote
.voto
.wf
.wien
.yt
.za

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

@PL281 

Thank you for taking the time to reply, that list will be a massive help!

I currently own a .guru domain and can see it has "Basic Privacy", which means my name and city still appear on a whois lookup. I'm really looking to see if there is a list of TLDs that support "Full Domain Privacy & Protection", the next level up from Basic Privacy to hide my name and city.

I am unable to upgrade my .guru domain protection from Basic Privacy to Full Domain Privacy & Protection, hence my confusion why this option is available when buying a new .guru domain.

At the end of the day I might just play it safe with a .com domain, but it would be nice to have a concise list of what domains are eligible for Full Domain Privacy & Protection