cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to move my domain from Godaddy

Well I've been a satisfied customer with Go Daddy for more than 10 years. Always had great service and everything was automatically renewed... That is until this month.

I made an agonizing decision to switch employers. With a slight gap between employment dates I had everything paid up ready to ride the slack. Go Daddy chose this time to let my account expire and then has the Gall to tell me I have to pay an additional $160.00 as a penalty for letting it expire. I don't have it to spare right now. And to top it off I don't have access to any of my communications with the new job. I had to suffer the humiliation of calling my new employer to tell them what happened. Needless to say I was really upset when I called Go Daddy. and I said some things I shouldn't have. Several expletives and I wish I could remember the guys name so I could call and apologize

So Now I'd like to move the domain I've had for the last 5 years so I can continue to use the email. Can some one tell me how to do this

3 REPLIES 3
Getting Started

I totally agree with you... and it's happening to me now! I've been trying to transfer my domain name a day before my account will expire only to find out the link to get the authorization code is disabled. Tried contacting them to no avail. And today it will expire and I'm not getting any response from them still. I think my domain name is even already considered expired. My gosh! These people!!!

New

i will second think buying a product now.

Former Employee

Greetings @WeallyPithed , 

I can't see your specific account and I don't want to disagree with anything you've said, but I'd like to share a few things about our processes. I know a job change can be an upsetting experience, but it is generally not a couple-day process to go from expiration to redemption (the extra charges you described). In fact, we do our best to "keep" the domain around for our customers renewal even after expiration. Here is our domain expiration process:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-happens-after-domain-names-expire-6700

If you do decide to transfer away (we hope you don't), this would be the procedure:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/transferring-expired-domain-names-5019

In any case, I appreciate you hearing me out, and thank you for your business to date. We didn't intentionally pick that time of turmoil for you.

Best regards,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support