Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

processing error adding a DS record

I am adding a DS record so that I can protect my site with CloudFlare. I plug in the data in GoDaddy for DS records, but get a notice that there is a processing error. I've tried several times over the last few hours with the same error message. Please advise.DSnameserver_Error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @Hawkeye4077,

Welcome to the Community!

First and basic, is to take your action using a private/incognito browsing window, especially if you've made multiple attempts and need to avoid caching data. You can take a look at these instructions to create this record in the GoDaddy account. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TLH

Hi @Hawkeye4077,

Welcome to the Community!

First and basic, is to take your action using a private/incognito browsing window, especially if you've made multiple attempts and need to avoid caching data. You can take a look at these instructions to create this record in the GoDaddy account. 

View solution in original post

Thanks @TLH, but even in an incognito window I get the same message. Additionally, the link you provided to instructions isn't working.

Any other ideas you can suggest? Thanks in advance.

Hi @Hawkeye4077,

If you've ruled out any caching error, you'll need to check with Cloudflare (or the DS data provider) to confirm the records entered as being valid for their system. While GoDaddy can provide the zones for updates, we're not able to dictate the records required by a third-party service. 

Perhaps other volunteers here will have some experience with this Cloudflare requirement.