Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Sarah13
New

Responding from email alias

Hi there

I have created a primary email account, and an alias account.

Primary account: sarah@ 

Alias: info@ 

There are two things I would like to do:

1. When emails get sent to info@, I would like to see info@ in the To address (so I can distinguish between emails sent to info@ and sarah@)

2. I would like to be able to respond from the alias so that the From address is info@ 

I've read the articles on creating distribution groups but I don't quite understand what to do. I've tried creating a distribution group using info@ as the distribution group address, but whenever I click Save it says "something has gone wrong" and I can't complete the action. And I'm not even sure if that's quite what I need to be doing.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

With thanks

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @Sarah13,

Welcome to the Community!

An email alias is a lot like an email forwarding command. It's not a separate email inbox that can send and receive email (that would require the purchase of an additional inbox). It allows multiple addresses to diversify the public-facing address you want seen. As there is no inbox, you can't reply from that alias address. This article will give you a bunch more information on the use of the alias feature. 

Also, here's some instruction on creating Distribution Groups for other users in your organization. If you're wanting to form a group that consists of members outside the org, you can use the Outlook Client App features instead.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TLH

Hi @Sarah13,

Welcome to the Community!

An email alias is a lot like an email forwarding command. It's not a separate email inbox that can send and receive email (that would require the purchase of an additional inbox). It allows multiple addresses to diversify the public-facing address you want seen. As there is no inbox, you can't reply from that alias address. This article will give you a bunch more information on the use of the alias feature. 

Also, here's some instruction on creating Distribution Groups for other users in your organization. If you're wanting to form a group that consists of members outside the org, you can use the Outlook Client App features instead.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post