cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transferred Domain, now locked out of social media accounts associated with domain emails.

So I just recently transferred a domain from my brother to myself from Blue Host to Go Daddy.  I am trying to take over an Instagram page of his but forgot to do it before transferring domains.  His IG account is under  (exSmiley Happy name@domain.com.  I set up that same email account alias in outlook but can't seem to get into the IG account (receiving and sending email works).  Instagram says it has sent a code but it is not showing in my emails.  Is the email lost in limbo of the domain transfer?  I did the transfer a week ago but created the email last night.  Is it a matter of time to sync up?

1 REPLY 1
Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Transferred Domain, now locked out of social media accounts associated with domain emails.

@flynnprojects wrote:

So I just recently transferred a domain from my brother to myself from Blue Host to Go Daddy.  I am trying to take over an Instagram page of his but forgot to do it before transferring domains.  His IG account is under  (exSmiley Happy name@domain.com.  I set up that same email account alias in outlook but can't seem to get into the IG account (receiving and sending email works).  Instagram says it has sent a code but it is not showing in my emails.  Is the email lost in limbo of the domain transfer?  I did the transfer a week ago but created the email last night.  Is it a matter of time to sync up?

@flynnprojects  It really depends on if you changed the hosting or the nameservers. If the nameservers were unchanged and the hosting package was unchanged then there shouldn't be an issue. If you transferred the domain to Godaddy and then setup a hosting package and created the email then you should receive the email. There is an off chance that the nameservers haven't fully propagated which can take up to 48 hours.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I