Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Nicalou
New

cant generate auto reply from godaddy to 2 additional email accounts

I have two email accounts a gmail and a .com. both are forwarding to my GoDaddy email (which would be my 3rd email account) . is it possible to set up one auto reply from GoDaddy back to those other accounts? I set the auto reply in GoDaddy but when an email is sent to all three (gmail, .com, godaddy) there's no auto reply generated. thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @Nicalou,

Welcome to the Community!

The auto-reply to a forwarding email would create a loop that would most likely flag the email as spam, or shut down the processes. There are also auto flags for this process.

Imagine...

An email is sent to your Gmail address.

It forwards to the GoDaddy email address.

The GoDaddy email has an auto-reply, so it sends the auto-reply back to the Gmail address. 

The Gmail address, set to forward to the GoDaddy address, sends it back.

The GoDaddy email has an auto-reply, so it sends that reply back to the Gmail address. 

The GoDaddy email has an auto-reply, so it sends that reply back to the Gmail address. etc

The auto-reply does not have a set limit to performing this action just one time. You may, instead, wish to use a third party client to set rules for the use of the email.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TLH

Hi @Nicalou,

Welcome to the Community!

The auto-reply to a forwarding email would create a loop that would most likely flag the email as spam, or shut down the processes. There are also auto flags for this process.

Imagine...

An email is sent to your Gmail address.

It forwards to the GoDaddy email address.

The GoDaddy email has an auto-reply, so it sends the auto-reply back to the Gmail address. 

The GoDaddy email has an auto-reply, so it sends that reply back to the Gmail address. 

The GoDaddy email has an auto-reply, so it sends that reply back to the Gmail address. etc

The auto-reply does not have a set limit to performing this action just one time. You may, instead, wish to use a third party client to set rules for the use of the email.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post