Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fid
New

Domain has not changed after 3 days

Hi everyone,

I have a WP hosted site, on which I want to change the domain back to the default GoDaddy domain (a18.09b.myftpupload.com), because I need to remove the other domain I entered. I changed this in the settings 3 days ago and since then, I keep getting the "Account is not in setup status: PendingChangeDomain" message. This is exteremly frustrating since I can't enter that certain domain into cPanel hosting that I decided to buy after realising that the WP hosting is atrocious (kept ketting 503 errors).

How can I finally get the other domain removed from the WP hosting setup?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
JMPepper
Advocate VII

Hi @Fid,

Did you also remove the A-record in your domain settings?  Even if you change it in the managed WP hosting settings, the DNS still needs an update.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites

Hosting reset did it.
Now to be able to set a new NSSET for the externally registered domain, which DNS addresses do I use? ns05.domaincontrol.com, ns06.domaincontrol.com?
I can't change the A record.

Hi @Fid,

After your hosting was reset you should have received an email with your nameservers.  If you did not, call tech support and they will give you the new settings.  Looks like you're about ready to go!

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites