cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Wordpress site jitter/stutter when scrolling

Hi all. I am wondering if anyone has had any issue with Wordpress becoming jittery or I guess stuttering when scrolling? I am working on a site and am experiencing this issue. The site is static so it has an image for the landing page and a widget sidebar to the right of it. When I scroll down the image on the landing page begins to [removed] back and forth and then ends up blocking the widget sidebar totally when I come to the bottom. If I open a page when the page opens it is shifted on top of the widgets and I can only scroll to the center of the page where it begins to jitter/stutter and stop me. If anyone else has had this issue and was able to fix it and help me out that would be awesome. Thank you in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Wordpress site jitter/stutter when scrolling

@VictorThiago 

Do you have a URL to share so we can see what you are referring to?  😉

Generally speaking, when WordPress doesn't work as expected we have a conflict of some sort.   Plugins being the primary culprit.   

Try deactivating all plugins and see if the issue persists.  If it doesn't, reactivate one by one until you find the bad actor.  😉

Judith
"If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

Highlighted

Re: Wordpress site jitter/stutter when scrolling

I had same problem. It's likely your theme. Switch it to a stock/default theme and see if it goes away.