cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

popups for returning people

Hello,

I was wondering if there is away to stop my popups every time someone comes back to your website with out a sign in? Im using pop builder at the moment and seems to work great, the problem im having is that i have put the spotify follow button on the pop up so people click it!! the thing is when you click the spotify follow button more than once it follows - unfollows - follows - unfollows etc.. so everytime someone comes back to my website ....

here's the site http://axiomrecords.com/

any ideas of what i can do would be much appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User III

@scottmoores 

I'm making an assumption you are using WordPress - But regardless, I would set the cookie to something like 30 or 60 days and put instructions in the pop-up to only click on the follow link if you haven't done so before

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User III

@scottmoores 

I'm making an assumption you are using WordPress - But regardless, I would set the cookie to something like 30 or 60 days and put instructions in the pop-up to only click on the follow link if you haven't done so before

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

View solution in original post

Hey @PL281 

Thanks for the speedy reply. and yeah I am using wordpress!

I haven't adjusted the cookie settings so ill have a look at that. I do have instruction to only click once pretty clear but..I have noticed people still click more than once...  and I was just hoping maybe i could stop it from popping up every time. also it can be quite annoying for returners ha

@scottmoores 

No problem as I recall it's in the close settings there is an option to set the cookie - i think it defaults to either 1 hour or 1 day - once you set that you should be good to go

Thanks so much man!! all the best @PL281